Wild card! Controller info, if possible?

Started by petercharlesfagg, February 14, 2013, 06:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

Not sure which section of the forum I should post this question!

I possess a Kent Panel Controller KFPS/FC input 16 volt AC, that I used some years ago for about 2 hours.

I need some instructions so that I can use it again, any ideas?

I understand that All Components at one time carried out repairs and the one I have uis similar to their HH5/N apart from I have an extra switch attached, I have no idea what it does!

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

PLD

Do you mean a latching push button? On the handheld version on the end opposite where the cable is attached, can't remember wher it is on the pannel mount version - it's a while since I've used one? If so, it switches the feedback on or off - in=feedback off/out=feedback on (most modern N-gauge locos run better with it off)

I have 3 of the Handheld version - Best analogue controllers I've ever use with N-gauge!

Paul

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: PLD on February 14, 2013, 11:01:16 PM
Do you mean a latching push button? On the handheld version on the end opposite where the cable is attached, can't remember wher it is on the pannel mount version - it's a while since I've used one? If so, it switches the feedback on or off - in=feedback off/out=feedback on (most modern N-gauge locos run better with it off)

I have 3 of the Handheld version - Best analogue controllers I've ever use with N-gauge!

Paul
Paul,
Thankyou for your reply.  It doesn't have a push to make push to break button only a miniature on-off switch which I assume has the same effect?

Just out of interest, I read that GF locomotives are 12v DC yet the controller demands 16v AC power feed, does this affect the windings of the  locomotives?

Regards Peter.

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

PLD

No - the controller will actually accept an AC input anywhere between 12 and 16v. the Electronics with in the controller rectify the current to DC and smoth and regulate the output to the required (maximum) 12v...

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: PLD on February 14, 2013, 11:01:16 PMIf so, it switches the feedback on or off - in=feedback off/out=feedback on (most modern N-gauge locos run better with it off)
Paul

Paul or anyone,

There is no way of knowing which way is "ON" or "OFF, will it affect a locomotive in any way by merely connecting up to discover?

OR, can I merely cut the cables?

What would be the effect if it were in the "ON" position when firing up, I cannot remember what happened all those years ago!

I have problems remembering last week!!!

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards Peter.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £27.34
Below Goal: £72.66
Site Currency: GBP
27% 
October Donations