it's the final countdown! farish 13/14 catalogue..

Started by bluedepot, March 06, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pengi

No SWT 450 Desiro  :'( so nothing for me which is good news for my bank balance . . . unless the Grampian Voyager has a better motor in it than the current versions.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

MinZaPint

If they all get into the shops my SR, GWR based wallet will go into meltdown!  :worried:  but hey  :claphappy: and I did mention the N15 earlier just hope these guys @ GF don't turn out to be PT's!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

ScottyStitch

What is the "EP" stage?

kesdrive

The Fairburns have been top of my wishlist. A couple of them will do very nicely :claphappy:
Looks like I will have plenty of time to save up :smiley-laughing:

Claude Dreyfus

I like the N class, so that may find its way into the Dreyfus stud, as could the Scotrail 47/7 with the DBSO...an interesting train!

Nothing else has made me go wow, but the 00 E4 is exciting!

mk1gtstu

I'll be interested in the BR Blue class 25 & 31, the class 47 blue& large logo, and the class blue 37, 45 & sprinters but it depends on how the weathering looks  :hmmm:
The blue 08's should sell well, although I don't really need any more as i've got 4 now  :-[ & 2 of those i've done blue repaints on ::)

cheers, Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

EtchedPixels

Quote from: MinZaPint on March 10, 2013, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 10, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Still the further the prices rise, the sooner production comes back to the UK.

Alan

If only, I would love to see that  :thumbsup:

Well Peco apparently do some of their production in the UK already - perhaps thats one reason their wagon prices have been far more constant than the others.

Its something I end up looking at for other non modelling related reasons, and various analysts claim that for plastic moulding in general (and I'm sure model railway stuff will be different in places especially loco assembly) that 2014/2015 would be the current point at which it was cheaper to switch typical plastics production back IF the facilities and knowledge exist back home.

For some stuff like a lot of clothing and fabrics the crossover was last year, and people have indeed been repatriating a small range of clothing work like cushion manufacture.

Dapol I believe have some UK facilities to do actual work. I don't know if those are what is used to run the old Airfix kits.. would be interesting to know what Dapol do and can produce in the UK.

Bachmann of course are part of a Chinese company so effectively an office outsourced from China to the UK !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

BernardTPM

Quote from: bridgiesimon on March 10, 2013, 01:19:12 PM
Interesting to see the Hawksworth coaches, that leaves - Stanier/Hawksworth/Collett/Bulleid/Maunsell/Gresley soon to be available. None of us would have even hoped for that just a few years ago!!!
Given Bachmann have just announced completely new versions in 00 and there are currently no LNER coaches in the Farish range Thompsons next year must be a near certainty. Crimson & Cream ones would certainly go well with A1s & A2s.

Tank

Quote from: NSE DAZ on March 10, 2013, 03:55:04 PM
No NSE stock  :'( I really thought there would have been  :confused2: No EMU's, looks like I will be having a cheap year  :hmmm: still at least I can carry on with my own conversions.

Yes, another cheap year in terms of models for me too.  A lot more time needs to be found to start converting and making our own.  :)  I'm disappointed that there are no more 3rd Rail EMU's of any kind, but not surprised.  I had thought that Mk2's would have been a certainty.

PaulCheffus

Quote from: njee20 on March 10, 2013, 09:03:47 AM
Bachman homepage now - a Castle, 4F, 25/1 and 25/2, Fairburn tank, N class and a 64XX tank.

Well. There's an entire range I couldn't be less interested in  :(

Edit: ooo, I take it back! Look at the product pages - NR 57 and DRS 37, better than nothing! Weathered 66s, 150s and 170s too.

Hi

At last a 25/1 that's cheered me up until I noticed that it is only in green. Think it's time to gain some airbrushing skills.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

B757-236GT

According to some gen ive just recieved some items are not yet announced so the nse 47/7 might still be on the cards.

Me personally im dissappointed that the stuff i might want is all being released in weathered style. Id wish they didnt do it as there are plenty of aftermarket people who do more than a good job but those who want pristine still get them. Im mainly 80s 90s stuff but having travelled on so many fgw 150s 150128 is just so tempting.

Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 10, 2013, 11:27:38 AM

BR MK2 DBSO Driving Brake Second Open Blue & Grey

Hi

And there it is something else I have been working on now due for release. Sometimes I wonder why I both making anything.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

MikeDunn

Get it out quick, and get your profit before Bachmann do ...

EtchedPixels

Quote from: PaulCheffus on March 10, 2013, 06:10:27 PM
And there it is something else I have been working on now due for release. Sometimes I wonder why I both making anything.

Thats why several people I know work in things like 3mm. That way everyone knows that a) they made it and b) it won't be appearing RTR

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

EtchedPixels

Quote from: BernardTPM on March 10, 2013, 05:47:41 PM
Given Bachmann have just announced completely new versions in 00 and there are currently no LNER coaches in the Farish range Thompsons next year must be a near certainty.

Where "next year" really means "next year plus about 18 months" yes I agree. There's a reason I've been updating my tooling so it can spit out etched sides to fit any RTR size. Just need the first RTR Bulleids and Hawksworths out to take the measurements and push the button to cover all the coach diagrams Farish and Dapol don't 8)

Alan

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £98.14
Below Goal: £1.86
Site Currency: GBP
98% 
September Donations