it's the final countdown! farish 13/14 catalogue..

Started by bluedepot, March 06, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie DC

Oh, the N class looks interesting. Does anyone happen to know what the wheelbase of this loco is?

H

Quote from: Roy L S on March 10, 2013, 03:08:24 PM

I think I'm right in saying that Bachmann have restricted the levels of discount any traders can offer on newly released products to something like 15%.

That sounds suspiciously like RPM which is effectively illegal (since about 1965 I think) and is certainly against the public interest unless proven otherwise.

There was a time when the maximum discount on Farish RRP was around 20% although that does seem to have reduced on new stock, but retailers do sometimes mark down goods as 'clearence' etc. with much bigger discounts. Yesterday in Signal Box they had quite a few Farish products (including new Blue riband wagons) substantially reduced. For example the 20t Railfreight brake van was down from £8 to £5.99 which has a RRP of £11.10 so the price discount is over 45%.

H.

dean thom

EP; im led to believe it stands for engineering prototype. Dx

Benn

Some very welcome announcements for me, with the class 25/1+2 being top of my list. Some nice additions to the parcels fleet yet again as well, with the Hawksworth full brake, the SR Bogie B and LMS 50ft brake, there's barely anything left for the parcels fleet now!
Interesting that Farish are doing their own SR PLV as well though with the Dapol one having just had a bit of an overhaul...!

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Benn on March 10, 2013, 08:12:02 PM
Some very welcome announcements for me, with the class 25/1+2 being top of my list. Some nice additions to the parcels fleet yet again as well, with the Hawksworth full brake, the SR Bogie B and LMS 50ft brake, there's barely anything left for the parcels fleet now!

You'd be amazed what was running even into the early 1970s on parcels stock - lots and lots of untouched choices yet.

Alan (currentlly working on an LMS cream van, which lasted into rail blue!)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Ollie3440

Thank you Bachmann :D
Many lovely items which will be added to my ever growing pre-order list. Fairburn, Castle and 64xx win it for me though :D

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Benn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 10, 2013, 08:24:16 PM

You'd be amazed what was running even into the early 1970s on parcels stock - lots and lots of untouched choices yet.

Aye, very true, but most of the major ones have now been covered which is great news, some Gresley full brakes would be nice, and a new Siphon G in blue would also be pretty good!

PaulCheffus

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 10, 2013, 06:29:11 PM
Quote from: PaulCheffus on March 10, 2013, 06:10:27 PM
And there it is something else I have been working on now due for release. Sometimes I wonder why I both making anything.

Thats why several people I know work in things like 3mm. That way everyone knows that a) they made it and b) it won't be appearing RTR

Alan

Hi

It's tempting but I have far too much N to contemplate changing. I did consider 4mm with 12mm gauge track and a model of Blythburgh on the Southwold railway.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

H

Fratton

Quote from: H on March 10, 2013, 02:37:40 PM
Very disappointing that neither the 47/7 or any of the Mk2 coaches will be in NSE livery especialy as NSE was mentioned in the Backmann write up about 47/7s.   ::)

Looks like it'll be more re-painting.

H.

Now I've gotten used to my airbrush I'm almost pleased about this I can make myself a rake of mk1's and mk2's in NSE knowing I'm one of a few,,,,,

Charlie.

Benn

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM
Some people just like RTR don't they!

I have the NGS one, it's a great kit, but it's not exactly what I'd call cheap considering the price of an RTR coach these days..! Must be talking to someone else there with that one though mate, this is someone who runs a layout based on NSE EMUs! That's not a great idea if you only buy RTR... ;)

EtchedPixels

Quote from: H on March 10, 2013, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: Benn on March 10, 2013, 08:42:52 PM

some Gresley full brakes would be nice,

already available from the NGS.

H.

Or from Ultima is a pair of replacement sides for the Dapol coach  :D
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

H

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 10, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

Ah yes, as an Intermediate level Kit. Some people just like RTR don't they!

Yep, sad and unfortunate. But it's not exactly a difficult kit, is all plastic and has RTR Dapol bogies. It's basically as easy as those simple Airfix aeroplane kits we probably all put together as kids.  :D

H.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: dean thom on March 10, 2013, 07:07:32 PM
EP; im led to believe it stands for engineering prototype. Dx

Thanks Dean!

I think top of my list will be a handful of those green 25s. I'm glad I didn't just splash out on the current Rat!

H

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on March 11, 2013, 10:21:30 AM

To imply that something should not be made available RTR purely because a kit exists would see a hell of a lot of RTR stuff disappear from manufacturers stocklists.

I don't think anyone suggested that, certainly not retrospectively to make existing 'RTR stuff disappear'. That would be plain silly.

But to be quite honest IMO it would be better if new RTR stuff concentrated on prototypes that are not already available as either RTR or a kit. That way the overall range would increase faster and we'd all be better off. Even those incapable of putting together a kit would still have more RTR options to choose from (and they could always commission a kit - or even have something scratchbuilt - to be made for them if desperate).

H.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
June Donations