Took some stock to the club last night............

Started by Newportnobby, February 15, 2024, 11:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Hmph. You can never have enough BP videos!  :P

At least the livery on your Azuma thingy
looks better than the LNER livery I saw all over Scotland and the NE.

Not a lot of difference between the MR 128 and the WR one, is there? From the video I could only pick up the white roof ends.

Good vids, though.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on June 20, 2024, 12:04:01 AMNot a lot of difference between the MR 128 and the WR one, is there? From the video I could only pick up the white roof ends.

Huge frontal differences. MR (left) has central headcode and no corridor connection - WR (right) has split headcode and corridor connection
Didn't you get one (or more)?
The pic was a lift from the Revolution website very early on in the scheme of things and hence the grey cab roof on the WR one

Bealman

Yeah, but I only got the MR one, so nowt to compare it to. Ben Ando may have shown me the WR one last year in York, but I honestly can't remember.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Trainfish

Mine are also very similar to each other. You have to look very carefully to spot the differences:

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

It's been some time since I posted in this thread, but 'Heatherley' suffered some malfunctions on the Sunday of the Leyland MRC show in August and has been 'in dock' for repairs to 3 points and a couple of point motors in the fiddle yards.

Last night I took my Dapol HST set c/w newly installed Hunt magnetic couplings to the clubrooms. It runs just fine on my Unitrack test oval but I needed to see how it performed over code 80 Peco medium points, that being the acid test for it.

Very pleased to report no uncoupling at all, as compared to random uncoupling with the standard issue. However, the rear dummy motor trailer consistently derailed on 2 points on the 'Up' line and no one could find any reason why other than maybe lack of weight. Time did not allow me to swap the end cars over and have the dummy being pushed through the points rather than pulled so I'm hoping to try that next week, along with running it both ways round the slightly tighter 'Down' line. It would be good to get it sorted as 'Heatherley' is booked for the Pendle Forest MRC 60th Anniversary show in Colne in November and I'll be pressed into operating the layout on the Saturday with my stock
Big  :thumbsup: for the Hunts, though

Bob Tidbury

Thats weird I took my New Chiltern Railway Slam door set to our club running day and although it runs through my crossover points
and the fiddle yard pointwork both pushing and pulling on my layout the DVT derailed in the fiddle yard  at the club when at the front .
It never uncoupled at all and ran perfectly when pulled ,Another good thumbs up for the new knuckle version Hunt Magnetic couplings ,I have also fitted them to my Wrexham and Shropshire set with no problems at all . I have even fitted Hunts spring type to a rake of Farish coaches and again NO random uncoupling and a lot quicker to put on the modules at a club running session .
Hunts are working on a different plastic for their couplings as they are rather brittle and can brake when you fit them with fat clumsy old fingers like mine..Normal modelers will have NO problems though .But Hunts are very good I told them I had broken a couple of the original starter pack because of my fat fingers and they sent me a whole new pack ,VERY GOOD SERVICE .
Bob

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on Yesterday at 03:03:57 AMHowever, the rear dummy motor trailer consistently derailed on 2 points on the 'Up' line and no one could find any reason why other than maybe lack of weight.

The dummy power car shouldn't need any extra weight.

Check the back-to-backs of the wheels, that the bogies are free to rotate and as they're now more solidly joined, that the close coupling mechanism is working correctly. Also worth checking that the Hunt coupling used on the power car is the correct length.

Steven B

Trainfish

I have recently run all 11 of my HSTs, all fitted with Hunt magnetics and am happy to report that none of them have this issue. It is worth checking that the kinetic coupling is working as it should after fitting the coupling as it may have become disengaged and 'locked' up. I have also read elsewhere that some seem to rub on the underside of the chassis but again I've never encountered that issue. If it ran ok before then I would definitely look towards the kinetic coupling mechanism.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I've pulled both bogies off and they are completely free running. As soon as I put the body on there is something binding ever so slightly  :confused1:

Trainfish

Can you narrow it down a bit by putting on 1 bogie at a time and seeing which one is binding? If so I'll have a look at 1 of mine to see if I can see a potential problem. Which HST have you got, I may well have 1 the same so would be best to look at the same one.
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on Yesterday at 01:58:16 PMCan you narrow it down a bit by putting on 1 bogie at a time and seeing which one is binding? If so I'll have a look at 1 of mine to see if I can see a potential problem. Which HST have you got, I may well have 1 the same so would be best to look at the same one.

Not possible :no:  With the bogies out I flicked the wheels and they turn very easily.
Put the bogies on some track and they run absolutely freely.
If I put one bogie on the only way to move it is to push it whilst holding the other end up which, to me, is not a test of friction :no:
The 4 car set I have is 2D-019-005
Thanks for the help thus far :thumbsup:

Trainfish

I only have 5 blue/grey power/dummy units but not that one  :goggleeyes:

I'll have a look at 2D-019-004 the Swallow version though as it should be the same. Not sure if you have a spare coach bogie but you could sit 1 end of the loco body on that at 1 end, may need a shim or 2 to lift it off the wheels, fit the correct dummy car bogie and then try pushing it along the track. That's what I would try anyway  :thumbsup:

Ps, can't look yet as Mrs Fish is in bed unwell so I don't want to disturb her. I will do mt best to look later though. Look at the loco that is, not look at Mrs Fish. Well ok, I'll look in on her too  :D
John

<*))))><

Steven B

The wheels may be rubbing on the underside of the chassis. Check for marks next time you remove the bogies.

Steven B

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £27.34
Below Goal: £72.66
Site Currency: GBP
27% 
October Donations