VERY suspicious notification

Started by Papyrus, Yesterday at 08:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Hello @Tank and mods...

Well, this was a bit of a surprise. Opened my email messages this morning and found this:

Made my poor old eyes boggle a bit, I can tell you. Two questions. One, is it my end or your end - is it another spammer on the Forum or have I been hacked? Two, what do I do about it? (No, of course I haven't clicked on the links!) I don't want to put it into junk or block it because that would affect all my other notifications. Is it OK just to delete it?

Cheers,

Chris

PS. EMA747 seems to be suspicious. I received an 'alert' from him/her/it for a reply to a topic I posted some time back but there was no post there.

Safety Engineer

There is the blessing scam doing the rounds in the Chinese community at present.
Fortells of tragic happenings if you don't do the blessing.
Is this the English version?

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Why is that suspicious or do you think anything is wrong? It's a thread you have posted on (and are presumably therefore "watching"?). Yes ok the cited reply isn't there, presumably got deleted, but I'm not seeing anything particularly strange?

Papyrus

@njee20 I can only assume you missed the email's subject line. There is no thread of that title, nor is it one that is likely to be allowed!

@Bealman , yes I have deleted it!

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

The post concerned was deleted by someone in the Mod team late last night and the poster, EMA747, has been banned by myself just now

Papyrus

Tank

Thanks all.  I'm just about to delete the account.

ntpntpntp

I know this goes on all the time and generally they're caught and removed before the general membership get to see them.  Seen a few get through recently on the Hornby forum too. 
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

njee20

Quote from: Papyrus on Yesterday at 09:36:27 AM@njee20 I can only assume you missed the email's subject line. There is no thread of that title, nor is it one that is likely to be allowed!

@Bealman , yes I have deleted it!

Cheers,

Chris

Indeed I did! I looked through the body of the email! :doh:

Trainfish

Me too. I don't suppose anyone knows if there were any "beautiful womans for the night" in that link from Devizes? Asking for a friend.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Jim Easterbrook

Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Trainfish

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on Yesterday at 09:55:47 AMThe post concerned was deleted by someone in the Mod team late last night and the poster, EMA747, has been banned by myself just now

That was me.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on Yesterday at 11:15:57 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on Yesterday at 09:55:47 AMThe post concerned was deleted by someone in the Mod team late last night and the poster, EMA747, has been banned by myself just now

That was me.

Fancy not telling me there was a beautiful woman from my town for the night. :telloff:  >:(
I've never seen her when I've been down to Preston docks :no:

:oopssign:  :-[

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £27.34
Below Goal: £72.66
Site Currency: GBP
27% 
October Donations