layout vacuum recomendations

Started by bbdave, September 08, 2012, 03:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

I'm looking for a little vacuum for my layout preferably with a hose rather than the usual kind does anyone use one of these?
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/5747917/Desktop-Henry-Hoover/Product.html

Dave

Oldman

Got given one but too be honest it is useless in my opinion, a puffer camera lens brush worked better. :sorrysign:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

elmo

I looked at this a number of years ago now, USB computer vacs, car vacs, all the small vacs etc, but am very very pleased with my final choice. I purchased an old fashion 'Dust Buster'. Cheaper than alot of the computer vacs and alot more useful around the house as well.
The more modern dust busters come with attachments that fit on the nose, fine nozzle, brush etc so it can hoover out all the hard to get to areas of your layout.
Elmo

EtchedPixels

I use the tomix track cleaner in hoover mode. It's track cleaning modes are ok but nothing special, the hoover mode is brilliant and saves poking at the scenery with a hose trying not to send sheep into oblivion in the process.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sprintex

Quote from: EtchedPixels on September 08, 2012, 05:26:07 PM
. . . trying not to send sheep into oblivion in the process.

:laughabovepost:

I'd agree, I also have the Tomix cleaner and the hoover mode is fantastic  :thumbsup:

Paul

Trainfish

I have 2 Tomix cleaners. I haven't used them yet but had them in OO before and they were excellent. My intention is to use them both together, the first one to vacuum and the second one to clean the rails.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

painbrook

Re the 'tomix', what do you use to pull the beast?, the only thing I've got that can do the job are my U/M locos, that tells me something. Cheers john.

Trainfish

As I said, I haven't used my 2 yet. However, in OO I found you were better off pushing them with something like an 08 which was low geared and had plenty of grunt.
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

upnick

Quote from: painbrook on September 09, 2012, 03:46:32 PM
Re the 'tomix', what do you use to pull the beast?, the only thing I've got that can do the job are my U/M locos, that tells me something. Cheers john.

Hi John,   

I agree with trainfish  push the hoover rather than pull  it as the loco  will  always be running on a cleaned section of track .......   same with  a cleaner i  use   a   CMX   & Tomix  in hoover mode.

Sprintex

My Bachmann-Farish 37 has no trouble, the updated version but not the brand new one with lights  :thumbsup:

Paul

longbridge

I use a Hitachi barrel cleaner hand me down from my wife, does a great job with the narrow brush attachment
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Double headed Farish 31's on a single Minitrix 47
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

painbrook

I bought my 'tomex' cleaner from Japan, A few weeks later Dapol announced  they had done a deal  :doh:.
Does the Dapol cleaner come with english instruction that I can understand. The idea of pushing makes sence. Cheers john.

longbridge

Quote from: painbrook on September 10, 2012, 08:32:39 PM
I bought my 'tomex' cleaner from Japan, A few weeks later Dapol announced  they had done a deal  :doh:.
Does the Dapol cleaner come with english instruction that I can understand. The idea of pushing makes sence. Cheers john.

Maybe this will  :help: :help: :help:

http://www.intertrains.com/page.php?pageid=204
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
June Donations